7 Questions to Help You Choose the Best Ecommerce Website Builder for You
Building, designing, and launching your own website used to be impossible.
You used to have an experience, to know how to code, and keeping a website up and running was expensive and time-sensitive.
Those days are far behind us and we are living in a time where website builders make things simpler. Website builders help you build a professional looking ecommerce site without having to use a line of code.
They manage all technicalities of running a website. It is like having an IT team working for you. More and more websites builders are becoming available. It is hard to pick the best ecommerce website builder and start the project, right?
Click here to learn more about Shopify website builder in the UK!
What Are the Best Websites Builders
Instead of presenting en best website builders, which may lead to choice paralysis, we’ve narrowed down the list to three good website builders:
All of these websites builders enable you to build your own ecommerce site without having to know web development or coding and they all manage the hosting and extra administration functions for you.
So, how to choose the most suitable option for you?
By asking the right questions.
7 Questions to Ask Before Choosing an Ecommerce Website Builder
By asking these seven questions, you will be on your way to choosing the best website builder for your ecommerce store.
1.How Long Has the Business Been Established?
- Shopify – Established in 2004 by Tobias Lutke and Scott Lake. They had absolutely no idea they would end up creating the biggest ecommerce platform in the world. Shopify started as a solution to a certain problem the founders had personally experienced at that time.
- Wix – Established in 2006. Today, Wix is a publicly traded company.
- Squarespace – Established in 2004 in New York. Today, Squarespace is a private company.
2. How Many People are Using the Platform?
- Shopify – There are 800.000 + active stores on Shopify platform and the platform has been processed over $100 billion worth of sales. Just Wow! Shopify Plus is an enterprise version of Shopify and currently, there are over 5300 businesses on Shopify Plus.
- Wix – Over 110 million websites have been created with the Wix platform. There are over 3 million paying subscribers.
- Squarespace – Millions of users have successfully registered to try the platform. Considering the fact that the company is private, there is no information on how many registered users they have exactly.
3. Are People Searching for The Platform in Google?
We did our research and we’ve discovered that the searches for these three website builders have been growing, especially in the past five years.
As people start to realize that they can build websites without experience, these companies started to grow exponentially as more and more people signed up.
The numbers also show that these platforms are not just trends. They have been around for a few years now and we well-branded.
Shopify’s growth is the highest, followed by Wix and Squarespace. This shows that Shopify is the most popular website builder.
4. How Can You Get in Touch with the Company’s Customer Support Team?
- Shopify – If you got a question about using Shopify, you can contact the Shopify support team by email, phone or live chat. The team is available 24/7.
- Wix – You can reach their support team through email, live chat, and users forum.
- Squarespace – You can get in touch with Squarespace’s customer support team through email, phone, and users forum.
Getting in touch with a real person from each of these platforms is easy.
5. Does the Platform Have a Good Refund Policy?
All three platforms have fair policies.
- Shopify – Shopify does everything they can to make sure you are happy and satisfied with your purchase. If sometimes a product is not right for you, they’ve made their return policy as simple as possible. You must return the product within 30 days of the product being shipped. All returns must be shipped back to their warehouse within one week of receiving the return label. Shopify offers a 14-day trial period.
- Wix – Wix offers 14-day refund period. Wix is a free to use platform so if you want to return a product, you must upgrade to a premium plan. You can first use their free plan to test the platform and then commit to a paid plan. There is no time limit for using their free plan.
- Squarespace – Squarespace also offers 14-day free trial period before you decide if you want to actually using their services. Once you upgrade your plan, you can cancel orders at any time. Squarespace will refund you the remaining portion of your plan.
6. How Much Does Each Platform Cost?
Here are the monthly prices in $USD, based on their plans:
- Basic Shopify $29/month
- Shopify $79/month
- Advanced Shopify $299/month
- Shopify Plus (the price varies $1500-$2000 or more)
- Connect Domain $5
- Combo $10
- Unlimited $14
- ECommerce $17
- VIP $25
- Personal Website $12
- Business Website $18
- Basic eCommerce $26
- Advanced eCommerce $40
7. Which Website Builder to Choose?
We can’t tell you which website builder will be best for you and your business. We wished we could, however, there are so many factors affecting why you like any of these platforms. For example, you may prefer one user interface of the others, you may favor a design template from one website builder or like a specific tool that one platform offers while others don’t.
We recommend you to test all of these platforms for free. They all offer a 14-day free trial period so you can do a test drive.
To make this decision easier for you, here are our recommendations based on what you are looking for.
- Easiest to use – Shopify.
- Professional and Stylish Design – Shopify and Wix
- Best Help – Shopify and Squarespace
- Most Customizable – Shopify and Wix
- Most Popular – Shopify
Shopify, Wix, and Squarespace are some of the best website builders available today. Depending on what you are looking for, you may turn towards one specific builder over the other.